We make Spray Decks for almost any Canoe. They have a unique mounting system and proven Measurement Guide and Order Form to ensure a snug fit on your canoe. With many options and our ability to customize, you can design your deck the way you want it.
- Made to order for Solo, Tandem and Freighter For Most Models
- Rugged 1000D polyester scrim within 14 oz vinyl makes a rugged and easy to maintain base fabric.
- Optional Light Weight 420D Nylon
- Recommended for a race-day, race specific skirt when weight it is of paramount concern.
- Standard Zippered Cargo Hatch opens the majority of space between the stern thwart and yoke.
- 3" Rub Strips protects your spray deck from wear and tear.
- Perimeter hangs 2.5" below the gunwale.
- Painter Tie Downs at bow and stern.
- Paddle Pocket for speedy access to a spare paddle.
- Lashing Patch Installation System allows for varying load heights.
Two and Three Piece Options
Configure your Spray Deck in two or three pieces to enjoy greater freedom of movement and a whole lot more.
- Remove a portion on warm days for lounging around, or fishing.
- Stay cooler while keeping your gear out of sight and shielded from the sun.
- Unlace from one side and the canoe on its side creates quick emergency shelter.
- Joints are positioned over the thwarts for added stability.
1) One Cargo Hatch
Allows easy access to gear during the day (lunch, cameras, etc.). YKK zipper secures the hatch while a 420D-nylon cover with hook and loop helps shed water and keep the zipper free of dirt and grit. L 18" x W 23".
2) Two Cockpits
Designed for sitting or kneeling. Constructed of high quality waterproof fabric with a 2" Velcro closure for safe, quick access in and out. When paddling calm waters the cockpits can be tucked under the deck to provide ventilation. Hoops in front of the cockpits create a splashguard to deflect water away from the paddlers. They can be easily removed when not in use yet remain stationary with our new pocket system. Once your deck is installed the hoops can be trimmed to the proper length.
3) NEW! Roll-Away Cockpit Tabs
A set of 7 Velcro tabs around each cockpit to roll the cockpit down and away from you on those fair weather paddling days.
4) 14 oz Vinyl Coated Polyester
The deck fabric is very durable, will not tear and is very resistant to puncture. It is waterproof, has mould, mildew and UV inhibitors and is unaffected by temperature extremes. It is easy to field repair with any vinyl glue or our Vinyl-Tec 2000 (50ADH-05). Available in Red, Green, Blue, Burgundy, and Yellow.
5) Painter Tie-Down
Velcro closure straps and built in carabineer loop at the bow and stern to keep painter lines or throw bags at the ready.
6) Paddle Pocket
This pocket allows paddlers fast access to a spare paddle. You can specify the length for a perfect fit.
7) Nylon Webbing Deck Loops
Webbing loops provide contact points approximately every 10" for lacing the deck to the canoe. This system allows the deck to be drawn tight to shed water, regardless of load height.
8) Lashing Patches
These patches lash the Spray Deck to your canoe. We use a system that is easy to install and allows adjustment of load height to eliminate pooling. They will not corrode or jam like conventional snaps. They are low profile to eliminate snagging on branches, rocks and knuckles. Attached to the inside your boat, they allow the use of a single-pull lashing cord to draw the deck tight. When the deck is removed your hull retains a nice, clean look. (see our FAQ page) The patches are also field maintainable without tools.
9) 4" Rub Strips
Protects your deck from paddle and general wear and tear along the gunwales.
10) Para-Line Lashing Cord
These lines secure your deck to the boat. They can be one length running down each side or multiple lengths so you can roll back the bow and/or stern areas while keeping what remains taut over your gear. This type of system used with our optional two or three-piece deck gives you the ultimate in versatility. Tensile strength 300lbs. (see our FAQ page)
The Solo Deck comes with all standard features of the tandem, but with one cockpit and typically a smaller cargo hatch due to size limitations.
Note: Complete installation kit is included with each Spray Deck.