Our founder and chief designer has had a lifelong passion for paddling and motorcycles. Much like canoe tripping he found enduro bikes a great way to explore the back-country. After spending years exploring the mountains of British Columbia, Western USA he then went further afield to Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and China just to name a few. His main objective was to explore the back country and experience how the local people lived beyond the tourist spots.
Like paddle sports, he found the available gear required modifications to be truly effective and durable enough to stand up over the long term. The North Water Top Bag is the result of years of his accumulated experience in both design and dual sport motor biking. Like all North Water products, it is designed to function in extreme conditions over an extended period of time.
The Guarantee: “The life of YOU, not the product”. How can we do that? We build all our products in Vancouver in our own factory; so unlike foreign factories we do not have to hire independent companies to police Quality Control. Our team of dedicated employees do it.
Quality of materials is another reason. We use 1000 Den. Cordura – 420 High Tenacity Rip-Stop Nylon - #10 and 5 YKK Zippers – Nylon Webbing – CB 69 Nylon Thread. 3M Reflective Tapes – Quality Buckles – Closed Cell Foam – Die Cut PVC.
This bag was designed for quick access to your gear without having to remove it from your bike. Unlike most soft bags there is no need to un-strap, un-hook, un-roll or disconnect anything; your gear is quickly accessible. The whole bag will release from the bike with 4 quick connect buckles on those nights indoors. The interior is large enough to carry a small cooler and the side-bags will fit longer items such as tent poles. They are also great for extra fuel storage outside of your main luggage areas.
- Removable side bags, accessible from both ends
- High-Visibility reflective markers
- Multiple pockets, 2 X interior, 4 X exterior
- Double foam layer to reduce wear and protect gear
- Top anchors to accommodate higher loads or solar panel
- Converts into back-pack with shoulder straps
- Quick connect straps to any bike
- Stainless security line
- Waterproof cover
- Main Bag: 8” deep X 9” wide X 19” long = 1,368 cubic inches (22 L)
- 2 X Zip off Side Bags: 7.5 deep X 5” wide X 19-22” long = 1,425 cubic inches (23 L) total
- Total: 2,800 cubic inches (45 L)